Tutoring Experience :
Qualifications: I have been a volunteer in assisting primary and high school students after school on their problems faced in class. I am a part of a group who work together to ensure students gain a thorough understanding of what they have learnt. As a group, we usually organise after school sessions which suit everyone. We also provide our contact numbers to students to ensure that they can easily call us if necessary.
HSC completed in 2009.
Second year university student
University attended: University of Western Sydney (UWS), 2010
Degree: Bachelor of Business and Commerce
Major: Economics and finance
Key Program: Human Resources management and industrial relations.
- Reuben F Scarf Award for Commitment.
- Achievement Award for Outstanding Performance in English.
- Award for being a member of the Bring It ON festival.
- Award for most improved in year 11 Maths.
- Credit in Westpac mathematics competition 2009.
- High Distinction for Introduction to economic methods and accounting information for managers
- Distinction for Fundamentals of mathematics, rewards and performance management and introduction to business law.
- Credit for The Australian Macro economy, macroeconomic theory and history of economic thought.
Cashier May 2008-June 2010 Asian Food store, Cabramatta
- I mainly worked at the cash register and provide service to customers. I was also occasionally required to help unload and replace missing stock on the shelves when there are no customers. The customers I dealt with were mainly of Asian background. My responsibilities were to take care of
Private tutoring (primary student) March 2010-June 2010
- I tutored a primary school student for mathematics and English at his home. My responsibility was to teach the student what they were confused with and explain it thoroughly to them. I also needed to ensure that they are given sufficient homework to complete for the next lesson.
Marker December 2009-November 2010 Pre-uni College
- As a marker, I had to mark a set number of homework books of primary school students from year 2 to 6. My responsibility was to ensure all homework books were marked before they went home. I also had to ensure that I write relevant comments regarding each studentís overall progress and what they needed to improve on.
Silverdale Pharmacy November 2007-December 2007 (work experience) Silverdale
- I mainly had to provide customer service as a cashier person. I was required to replace missing stock and clean the shelves when there were no customers. My responsibility was to ensure that customers were satisfied with the service provided and that the store was very clean and tidy. The customers I encountered were of all different backgrounds.
Tutoring June 2010-August 2011 James An College
- My main duty was to help high school students with their tutoring and school work which they had problems with. Sometimes, I also taught them material which I thought would be relevant to their understanding of the questions. My responsibility was to ensure all students complete their homework and that they understand the progress towards solving the problems. The students were of all different backgrounds.
Home Tuition Only
Tuition Schedule :
||Basic Skills (Maths & English), English and Reading