Best Colleges to Study Commerce in Singapore
- Mar 30, 2015
The twenty-first century has been witnessing a steady rise in the growth of entrepreneurs across the world. No wonder, you would meet several young people who are more interested in setting up their own firm rather than working for somebody else. This is one of the reasons why Commerce has become an important career choice for a large number of modern students.
Now, if you are interested in pursuing Commerce in your higher study level, you must focus on it right since your schooldays. In other words, you must have cleared your class 12 board exams with subjects like Commerce, Accounts and Economics. Moreover, you also need to score decent grades in these subjects to ensure that you can join a renowned educational institute teaching Commerce after your plus two level.
You can choose to apply for the reputed colleges in Singapore that offer Commerce programs to their candidates. Singapore can prove to be a smart choice, especially since it is a popular higher education hub at present. Now let us read about some of the best colleges to study Commerce in Singapore:
#1. National University of Singapore: Founded in 1905, the National University of Singapore is said to be the very first higher education institution in Singapore. The main university campus is situated at Kent Ridge in the south-western portion of this country. The institute offers courses in Commerce through its NUS Business School that was initially known as the Department of Business Administration. MBA, Asia-Pacific Executive MBA and NUS MBA Double Degree are some of the courses offered here.
#2. Singapore Management University: If you wish to opt for double degree programs, you can apply for the Singapore Management University. This institute is the oldest and only national business school in Singapore offering Management courses. Undergraduates can opt for any one of the fifteen double degree combinations that are offered in Law, Social Sciences, Accountancy, Information Systems Management, Business Management and Economics. The grading system followed here is inspired by that followed in American colleges.
#3. Nanyang Technological University: Considered to be among the most famous public universities in the nation, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) was established in 1991. There are several departments of NTU offering education in a number of fields, including the Nanyang Business School, College of Science, College of Engineering, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences and so on. Currently, this institute boasts of more than 470 postgraduate and 3,000 undergraduate students! MBA, Business Management and Accountancy are the different fields of Commerce in which you can earn your undergraduate degrees from this institute.
#4. PSB Academy: Singapore is home to another noted institute where you can study Commerce - the PSB Academy. This institution offers a large number of undergraduate as well as diploma courses consisting of:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Business and Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Business and Finance
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
- Diploma in Business Administration (Marketing Management)
- Diploma in Business Administration (Human Resources Management)
- Diploma in Business Administration (Supply Chain Management)
#5. SIM Global Education: SIM Global Education is an academic department of the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) that also operates through the SIM University. Founded in 1964, this institute has partnered with some famous universities in Europe, Britain, Australia and the US and offers a large number of Commerce programs. Apart from education, the institution also emphasizes on some extra-curricular activities. Some of the courses offered here include:
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Accounting and Financial Management
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Business
- Bachelor of Science (Business Administration)
- Bachelor of Business (Economics and Commerce)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in International Business
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Business and Management
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Science (Business Administration)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Economics and Management
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma for Graduates (Banking)
- Diploma for Graduates (Accounting)
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in International Business
- Diploma for Graduates (Economics)
- Diploma for Graduates (Finance)
- Diploma for Graduates (Mathematics)
- Master of Science International Business
These are some of the top colleges in Singapore that impart education in the field of Commerce. Choose the one that best suits your requirements. Prepare well for the entrance exams in these institutes and give it your best shot. Wishing you all the very best for your higher education course in Commerce!
Learnpick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- Government to spend Bt10 million to study the labour market needs - Apr 26, 2019
- CHED advised public universities to start classes in August - Apr 18, 2019
- Schools should stay as open communities said Ong Ye Kung - Apr 17, 2019
- Indonesians vote today, to choose the next President - Apr 17, 2019
- Australian University Signs a $100m China Deal - Apr 17, 2019