Four Effective Interpersonal Skills for better Career Opportunities
- Feb 10, 2014
Congratulations on starting your new job! However, are you not sure of how to initiate connecting with new members and the demanding professional environment at your workplace? Well! most us fall in the same group. But that does not mean there is no way to improve ourselves. Yes, there are infinite means to improve your interpersonal skills. Listening to what everyone is saying isimportant, but tactfully managing unwanted stuffs at workplace is the recognition of an intelligent personality.It has been observed that many people lose their jobs simply because they cannot get along with their co-workers compared to those who are fired for their lack of knowledge.Besides analysing the work style and knowledge, thesedays’ companies actually look for people who can conduct themselves correctly in the professional environment. Employers have noticed that people can be trained to imbibe the new skills required to get a job, however, it is difficult to infuse individuals with the basic attitude and skills that make them a great communicator. As Poor people skills are considered liabilities so let’s see what skill sets you need apart from your technical knowledge to make your career a supper success.
Communication skills Effective communication skill is fundamental to success in your professional aspects of life. It is an integral part of the interpersonal skills to improve communication that involves how you send and receive messages. Different communication manners sometimes might result in mis-communication and dissatisfaction at your workplace. Give a clear understanding whenever you want to convey your thoughts to become an accepted leader. However, improving communication skills involves certain GOOD practices including
- Listening to others
- Being aware of other’s emotion
- Empathising with your co-workers
- Encouraging people
- Treating fellow-workers equally
- Willingness to solve conflicts
- Maintaining a positive attitude
Always think before you respond to anything.
Teamwork skills Often leaders fail to define the team they wanted to build. Making a group of individual into an effective team is just like closing the fingers of your hand to make a fist. Teamwork greatly amplifies the effectiveness of individual efforts. You contribute to the overall success of your organization in a team-oriented environment. The bigger picture drives your actions. Her are twelve important C approaches to learn effective teamwork skills
- Cultural change
- Creative innovation
- Clear expectation
Attention to each of these approaches will ensure team contributing most effectively to business success.
Anger management skills:
Anger management skills Anger is one of the most powerful emotions stemming from the feeling of frustration, annoyance, disappointment or hurt. In today’s competitive working environment, it often happens you lose your cool with things that potentially go against you.It might happen that due to the mistakes of your juniors, your boss blames you as you are accountable for the work. So, how to respond to such difficult situations?
- Indulge in positive self-talk and stop your angry thoughts
- Try deep breathing and encourage yourself by saying RELAX and TAKE IT EASY
- Express your explanation, needs and preferences clearly without being defensive
- Gain different perspective by putting yourself in other shoes
- Practice good listening skills
- Consider the value of physical exercise
- Participate in anger management programme
- Seek help from counsellor.
Be aware of what your body is indicating you and accordingly take steps to calm yourself down.
Developing any ability is a matter of practice .and developing your social skills need interaction with people around. There is a significant correlation between your social skills and your career. With good social skills, it is easier to make a strong relationship with your colleagues and boss and get ahead in career. Social skills are developed through
- Experimenting and exploring the impossibilities
- Asking feedback as how you come across socially
- Interacting with socially skilled person
- Working on specific goals to make yourself feel confident.
Good interpersonal skills will not only bring out the best in you but also the best in others.
Learnpick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- CHED advised public universities to start classes in August - Apr 18, 2019
- Schools should stay as open communities said Ong Ye Kung - Apr 17, 2019
- Indonesians vote today, to choose the next President - Apr 17, 2019
- Australian University Signs a $100m China Deal - Apr 17, 2019
- UNICEF praises Thailand for promoting early childhood education - Apr 16, 2019