How to Select the Best Schools in Thailand
- Feb 26, 2014
Selecting the best school for your child is a lingering thought and a challenging decision for every parent. With time, Thailand has become a hub of education and the growing population in Southeast Asia is opting for these international schools as the prime source of learning. There are several quality driven schools offering a perfect learning environment, thriving for overall development of the children and nurturing their skills in the accurate direction. However, parents need to cogitate on several factors before deciding and enrolling their wards.The following suggestions and knowledge can help you select and look out for the best schools in Thailand for your kid.
Points to Consider Before decide on the school for your little one, there are certain points to be considered by parents ensuring right selection. Some of these have been discussed:
- Know your child inside out and understand his requirements
- Point out his skills and potentials that require nurturing
- Look for the schools that match the requirements and preferences of your child.
- Get rid of the misconception that expensive or international schools in Thailand would offer best education
- If you are unfamiliar with the curriculum, do intensive research on it
- Note whether the school environment is compatible for your child
- Parents must know how their child learns best and their learning type, based on which the parents can visit prospective schools.
- You must ask potential questions to the teaching staffs and the administration to attain insight about the curriculum, teaching styles, concepts used, rules and regulations, performance level
- Find the best curriculum that fosters your child’s strengths and abilities
Checklist for Best School Selection Some of the important factors to take note of while selecting a school for your kid are:
- Tradition: Some schools in Thailand functioning under the Thai government hold years of tradition and uphold their values. These offer a diverse curriculum that proves best for the children, imbibing cultures and values in them.
- Reputation: Be ensured about the reputation and culture of the school. Parents must enquire about the school and the overall examination results from students, other parent and residents of the locality. Also, know the rules and regulation of the school.
Community: Take note in which part of Thailand the school is located. Parents must enquire about the security measures, the quality of water, the timings of the school and the type of conveyance provided by the school.
Infrastructure: The infrastructural facilities can be ascertainedby visiting the school. Schools that provide more than the basics like academics and spots are better. Moreover, parents must check about the availability of computes in classrooms, libraries, canteens, sport areas and whether these are well maintained.
Curriculum: The primary school level in Thailand is divided into two stages; in elementary school for three years, Prathom 1–3 for age groups of 6-8 and the second level i.e. Prathom 4-6 for age groups 9-11. You must analyze whether the curriculum is child centric and extensive enough to foster the growth of the child, whether standardized tests are conducted and feedbacks given; the future prospects of the children etc. Schools may have any of these programs:
International Baccalaureate curriculum
Other national curricula (Australian, Japanese, French, Canadian, German etc)
Staff members: It’s a major factor that contributes to the overall development of the child. The teacher’s experience, qualification, training, communication skills and expertise in handling students must be evaluated before admission. Teachers, especially counselors must also offer learning support and counseling sessions to students requiring extra support.
Extra-curricular activities: Besides academics it’s important to boost the innate skills of the students. A school must encourage, sports, inter-school competitions, cultural programs, music learning and programs, community services, physical activity etc. for the all round development of the child. Moreover, different languages must also be taught.
- Fee structure: Different schools inThailand have diverse fee structure. Parents must decide on it and thoroughly enquire about it before opting for any school to avoid any hassles later.
Admission procedure: Generally, Thailand follows the centralized admission system. Parents before enrolling their wards must enquire about the admission procedure of the respective schools. Students might need to sit for assessment tests and/or attend a viva before being admitted. These clarifications must be made earlier for training and preparation in advance
Take the right decision going through the vital suggestions for the child’s admission so that it has the desired impact on his/her life.
Learnpick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- CHED advised public universities to start classes in August - Apr 18, 2019
- Schools should stay as open communities said Ong Ye Kung - Apr 17, 2019
- Indonesians vote today, to choose the next President - Apr 17, 2019
- Australian University Signs a $100m China Deal - Apr 17, 2019
- UNICEF praises Thailand for promoting early childhood education - Apr 16, 2019