IB Schools in England
- Jan 06, 2015
As you already know, UK is one of the best education hubs in the world, boasting of renowned schools and universities like Cambridge, Oxford and so on. So, being a resident of UK, you must be spoilt for choice, especially if you are staying in England.
Wondering why? Well friends, it’s simply due to the fact that you would find numerous reputed educational institutes in this part of the world. The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, as well as the Department for Education supervises these academic institutions.
Now the question is, which school would be the best for your child – state-funded ones or the private schools in England? Roger’s parents decided to go for the latter. And, they opted for an International Baccalaureate (IB) school. Are you thinking why Roger’s parents chose these kind of schools? Have you heard of IB schools? These are schools that expose you to an international education complete with essential life skills that gear you up for the modern fast-paced lifestyle!
Let me make a list of some of the best IB schools in England for you, in the following paragraphs:
- Broadgreen International School: Located in Liverpool, Broadgreen International School offers a specialized education in the fields of Science, Math, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and also Design Technology. However, apart from IB programs, the school also provides courses like Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) certifications. The school was known as Highfield Comprehensive School, Broadgreen High School and Broadgreen Community Comprehensive in the past.
- Dwight School London: Seeking a notable co-educational school for your child? If yes, then Dwight School London would be your best bet. Did you know, it is amongst the leading IB schools in UK? Children aged between two to eighteen are qualified to be enrolled into this educational institute. The nursery, primary and senior departments of the school are present in Friern Barnet and North Finchley in London.
- Grammar School at Leeds: The Grammar School at Leeds or GSAL is another famous IB school in England that is a ‘fee-paying’ organization. It had been established in 2005, when Leeds Girls’ High School and Leeds Grammar School merged together. The school offers co-educational facilities for students till the sixth standard. And, for students between the ages of eleven to sixteen, only the extra-curricular events are practiced together.
- King Edward’s School, Witley: Founded in 1553 by Nicholas Ridley and King Edward VI, this IB school is situated in Surrey, near Witley. King Edward’s School is a private, co-educational school, and had shifted to its current locale during 1867. It started offering IB Diploma instead of the A-level courses since September 2010, in the ‘sixth form’. Sixth form refers to the last two years of secondary education in schools.
- Manchester High School for Girls: Based in Fallowfield in Manchester, England, the Manchester High School for Girls is believed to be a significant IB school here. You would come across more than 930 students, once you join this school that was founded in 1874. This academic organization is one of the members of the Girls School Association. It introduced the IB Diploma in the sixth form, from September 2010 onwards.
- Helen’s School: St. Helen’s School was established in 1899 and is an independent school in England. Located in Northwood in north-western London, this school educates girls who are aged between three and eighteen. Your child can actively participate in several sports activities, since the school is equipped with a swimming pool, tennis courts, squash courts, gymnasium, etc. International General Certificate of Secondary Examinations (IGCSE) and GCSE courses are also offered here.
- The Trafalgar School at Downtown: Controlled by Wiltshire Council, this school is present in the region of Downtown, Wiltshire. Students of The Trafalgar School at Downtown must study courses whose curriculum is based on the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme. This educational institution is co-educational. The school has decided to introduce an IB Diploma course as its principal program from September 2015 onwards, in the sixth form.
- Whitgift School: Located in South Croydon, London, the Whitgift School offers education to over 1,500 boys aged between ten and eighteen. The best thing about this school is that it also offers boarding facilities and boasts of a large number of scholarships. The IB Diploma Programme is provided to students of sixth form in this school, ever since 2005. The Whitgift Foundation operates this academic institute, that is a member of the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference.
These are a few of the most excellent IB schools in England that are waiting to educate your child in more ways than one. So, if you’ve been pondering whether IB schools would be good, it’s time to convince yourself of the numerable benefits of this kind of schools. And, admit your kids to one that best meets your child’s academic objectives. After all, you want them to be exposed to a smart education that enables them to flourish psychologically, academically, emotionally and physically!
Learnpick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- CHED advised public universities to start classes in August - Apr 18, 2019
- Schools should stay as open communities said Ong Ye Kung - Apr 17, 2019
- Indonesians vote today, to choose the next President - Apr 17, 2019
- Australian University Signs a $100m China Deal - Apr 17, 2019
- UNICEF praises Thailand for promoting early childhood education - Apr 16, 2019