Is Online Tutoring Effective?
- Jan 16, 2015
Today, digital education is turning into a hot favorite amongst thousands of students across the world. Wondered why? It’s simply because we are becoming busier by the day. So, it’s impossible to multitask. For instance, you are a full time professional, and eager to increase your academic qualifications. Now, you obviously can’t attend a traditional academic institute to learn something new. Or your job will suffer.
In this scenario, what is the solution? You just opt for a distance education course that is that is organized through online training courses. And, if you find it tough to understand the lessons, engage an ‘online tutor’. Online tutors can guide you perfectly, helping you navigate the trickiest lessons with the maximum convenience.
However, I feel the most important benefit of online tutoring is, you can save a great deal of time, energy and money. Imagine travelling for 5 kilometers twice a week for tuitions, after returning from your workplace or college. The very thought is enough to exhaust the most athletic of you people! Trust me, online tutoring is hassle-free and much less complicated than traditional tutorial sessions.
I will tell you what makes online tutoring so effective:
- Flexibility: Time is the biggest constraint for modern students. Online tutors break all geographical barriers and are available whenever you require their guidance on the subject you’re learning. So, your English lessons need not suffer due to the absence of a good tutor in Singapore. Or due to the unavailability of tutors at a particular time you prefer. Also, tutors save time that would otherwise be spent in commuting to your place and vice versa. So, flexibility is one of the greatest advantages of online tutoring.
- Affordable rates: I am certain this one would bring a smile to your face, dear reader, particularly if you are tired of paying exorbitant rates to your tutor. Do you know tutors tend to charge more if they are required to visit their student’s place? On the other hand, online tutors are known to charge at least half of the amount normally charged by tutors. So, choose the right tutor for your child. And while doing so, make sure you are investing at the appropriate place.
- Tech-friendly: Some people tell me that they are not tech-savvy. Therefore they might find it challenging to learn properly if they hire online tutors. However, that is not true, at least not entirely. For youngsters are really technology-friendly. No wonder they are glued to their latest electronic gadgets throughout the day either on Skype, Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter. Modern online tutors employ additional resources like drawings, photographs, videos, charts, graphs, social media and diagrams during their tutorial sessions. They enable students to understand lessons better and faster.
- Specialized guidance: While choosing a tutor for your kids, you seek an excellent tutor who can motivate students to study harder. Now the hiring process can turn hectic if you try to find the best local tutor. So it’s safe to search tutors online, that boasts of all kinds of tutors with adequate experience and expertise. For instance, you would easily discover career tutors, tutors who prepare students for college exams, homework tutors and more, if you look up online tutors. So your child would be exposed to innovative styles of learning.
- Studying from familiar places: All students vary from one another. Some might be introvert or shy. Others might be too timid to ask questions or share their academic problems with tutors. However, a common trait observed in most students is: they are more comfortable when studying in the comfort of their homes. Online tutoring allows learners to receive lessons seated comfortably at home. So, students don’t hesitate to clear their doubts by questioning their tutors. Such a one-to-one coaching session is immensely beneficial to students, whether they are high-schoolers or professionals.
- Live communication: Live interaction between tutors and students is essential to the success of students. You can enjoy the element of direct communication with online tutors, though they might be miles away. This is successfully made possible by means of video conferencing and voice messaging facilities available in the Internet. So you can speak to your tutor using headphones and speakers, and even through ‘online chats’. This way, you wouldn’t get stuck anywhere and can proceed with your lessons with ease. One-on-one tutorial sessions are truly helpful for all kinds of students.
The tutoring market has immense potential, being estimated to grow to US $ 102.8 billion within 2018. So naturally, private tutors are in great demand not only in Singapore but throughout the globe. And online tutoring is finding favor with a large number of students, thanks to its simplicity and flexibility. If you want to emerge victorious and acquire knowledge swiftly, I would suggest you turn to online tutors for assistance. And dear tutors, if you are willing to spread your knowledge far and wide, become an online tutor right away!
Learnpick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- CHED advised public universities to start classes in August - Apr 18, 2019
- Schools should stay as open communities said Ong Ye Kung - Apr 17, 2019
- Indonesians vote today, to choose the next President - Apr 17, 2019
- Australian University Signs a $100m China Deal - Apr 17, 2019
- UNICEF praises Thailand for promoting early childhood education - Apr 16, 2019